SMARTVIS is a cooperation of several SMEs and a research organisation for the purpose of developing and marketing novel visual surveillance applications which are based on smart camera hardware.
Automated video analysis usually involves
1) detection of interesting objects (e.g. cars, pedestrians),
2) tracking of objects over time in order to obtain their motion paths and
3) analysis of object tracks to reason about their behaviour and interaction.
1) Development of high end algorithms for object detection, tracking and object track analysis exceeding the state-of-the-art level,
2) creation of a software framework for object detection and tracking, tracking and motion analysis both on smart cameras and PCs,
3) design of protocols and implementation of software for the integration and configuration of smart cameras over a network,
4) creation of new vision sensors based on the smart camera,